Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Tuesday December 9th

Started my day starving! Woke up seriously hungry at 5am. 

Drank a large glass of water before diving into my cup of black coffee.. Once I made it downstairs I started my day with soup. Ha!! Yes you read that right. I had made a pot of vegetable soup with a beef bone broth base. It does have all paleo friendly veggies in it as well as chunks of beef. Had about 1-2 cups and drank the broth. I love leftover dinner for breakfast :) 

Lunch, well.. My office had our staff party today and while I wasn't horrid, I wasn't completely on my game either. I didn't go prepared, instead realied on there being options, which was a mistake. The menu: salad with a vinaigrette, spinach quiche, and bread. Grabbed a decent pile of salad, skipped the bread and had one slice of quiche I picked out of its crust.  What killed me was when I picked at the desserts!! Day two?! Really?! LOL had a some small bites of sugary stuff I didn't need and went on my way. Thankfully, this was not the trend. 


Dinner was a... Well I don't know what to call it. Jumbalaya? I took an aidells sausage and sautéed it in a skillet with broccoli, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper,cabbage, garlic, and asparagus and drizzled about 2tbs of oil off some sundried tomatoes I had. This is basically my effort to use up the last few veggies in the fridge before I put the new groceries in. Once cooked I like to use 1/2 can of the organic diced tomatoes from Costco.  This is actually one of my favorite things to do because I can add a bit of quinoa for the kids and it's truly like a jambalaya for them :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment